The Okanagan is known for its blistering hot summers. Perfect for afternoons spent on the beach and mornings by the poolside, but what’s the best way to survive the summer heat in fashion on your Okanagan vacation?
Fashionistas all over the world are predicting that the fashion trend this summer 2017, will be a huge throwback to the 80’s. So dig out those daisy dukes and mirrored sunglasses.
Here are some of the top predicted must have fashion items of the upcoming summer 2017:
- Bralettes: lacy and simple, the bralette is the perfect piece for layering under sheer tops, swooping necklines, and t shirt dresses. These fun, flirty and summery tops an excellent piece for pairing with your high waisted denim jeans and lounging on the patio of your lakeside cottage.
- White dresses: everyone knows the power of the little black dress, well, it’s understated friend the flowy white sun dress is a must have staple in every woman’s wardrobe this upcoming summer. Paired with a cropped denim jacket for those chillier summer nights sitting around the campfire, you can’t go wrong with this simple timeless piece.
- Sheer: perfect for layering over that cute bikini top light, sheer tops are expected to trend this summer.
- Overalls: a true throwback, denim short overalls are the new bikini cover up when it comes to summer 2017.
- Hats: whether it’s a floppy sunhat, a straw cow girl inspired hat or your boyfriend’s ball cap; covering up that mane is a sure fire way to keep your summer tresses healthy and your sun kissed skin glowing.
- Sunglasses: oversized, aviator, polarized, heart shaped… There’s an endless selection of shades to protect those baby blues in style.