Guest House Photo Contest (A Skill Based Contest Giveaway)
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 19 (OR AGE OF MAJORITY) AND A RESIDENT OF CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) OR THE 50 UNITED STATES, TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE AND WIN A PRIZE IN THIS CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. CONTEST GIVEAWAY SPONSOR. The #GuestHousePhotoContest (“Contest Giveaway”) is sponsored solely by La Casa Cottage Resort, together with its parent company, Lloyds Travel & Cruises, headquartered at 342 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V5Y 3X2. This Contest Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Google.
3. WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE. This Contest Giveaway is open only to individuals who meet all the requirements recited in §1 (each a “Entrant,” “you,” “your”), who have agreed to these official rules (“Official Rules”). Employees of La Casa Cottage Resort, Lloyds Travel & Cruises, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or any other company or person involved with the production, design, execution, administration, or distribution of the this Contest Giveaway (collectively, the “Released Parties”), and is not anyone who lives with or is an immediate family member (i.e., parent, sibling, child, or any of their respective marital relations, regardless of where they reside) of any one of the Released Parties. By entering you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor, its designees, and agents for use as described here and that participation in this Contest Giveaway or receipt of any prize constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance and agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions. This Contest Giveaway is subject to all applicable provincial, federal, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. CONTEST GIVEAWAY CAMPAIGN PERIOD. The Contest Giveaway comprises the entry period open and close dates and times (collectively composing the “Entry Window”) and the Winner Selection Date detailed in the schedule below: Entries will be accepted online starting at 12:01 a.m. on 14-April 2017 and ending at 11:59 p.m. on 31-October 2017. Winner selection occurs on or about 06-November 2017. All times are PST and Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest Giveaway. EACH ENTRANT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ADJUSTING FOR TIMELY ENTRY BASED ON HIS OR HER LOCATION AND TIME ZONE.
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Contest Giveaway anytime during the Entry Window, simply take a new (or existing) photograph that best illustrates how you made use of the Guest House at La Casa for your event, that conforms to the entry requirements in §7 (the “Photo”) and submit your Photo as directed using either of the methods below (for purposes of the Contest Giveaway, all methods collectively referred to as the “Site”): (a) To enter via Instagram: Use your mobile device to Log In to your Instagram account and then search for and follow our, “GuestHouse_LaCasa” page. Next, use the method provided to upload 1 Photo and tag it with the hashtag, “#GuestHousePhotoContest”. Next, Log in to your Facebook account and then search for and Like our page at https://www.facebook.com/lacasacottageresort/.
7. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. Each submitted Entry must: (a) Contain a Photo in either the JPEGs (JPG), Non-Animated GIFs or PNGs only. No other files or file formats, including those that contain or are capable of containing malicious or harmful software code are permitted. (b) Contain only a Photo (including likenesses, logos, images, graphics, art, or other content depicted in the Photo) that the Entrant owns or has the proper right to use for the purposes contemplated by this Contest Giveaway, including the right to grant the licenses granted in these Official Rules. (c) Not contain any content that violates the rights of any third party, or that is inappropriate, unlawful, obscene, explicit, offensive, or otherwise unsuitable for publication, in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION; ODDS OF WINNING. On or about the Winner selection date indicated in §4, 1 potential winner will be selected by a panel of judges selected by the Sponser from among all eligible Entries received and notification attempted by an email (or direct message) sent to the email address or Instagram account specified or used at the time of Entry. Potential winner must respond to attempted notification. If a potential winner is 19 years of age as required, but deemed a minor in his or her jurisdiction, then the prize will be distributed in the name of the minor’s parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for signing any necessary documents. If a potential winner for any reason cannot be contacted, is contacted and does not respond timely with all required information, fails to claim the prize as directed within the time allotted, refuses the prize, is ineligible to accept the prize, or is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, then the prize at issue may be forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may distribute (or not distribute) the prize to an alternate winner. An Entrant is not a winner, even if a prize notification is received, unless and until the Entrant’s eligibility has been verified and the Entrant notified that verification is complete. Potential winners must continue to comply with these Official Rules. Odds of winning. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
9. PRIZES. 1 prize in the form of Samsung Galaxy Tab A with a value of $200 CAD. All prize details, including type, color, size, etc will be solely determined by Sponsor. ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Prizes are non-transferable, non-divisible, and unless expressly provided in these Official Rules, no cash alternative to prizes is available except at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or any portion thereof) with one of approximately equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for making any required declarations and for payment of all applicable government, federal, state, provincial, and local taxes, duties, costs, and expenses associated with currency exchange or prize receipt, acceptance, and use. Prizes may be considered taxable income and subject to income taxes. Only the advertised number of prizes and those claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be distributed. Winner may be required to provide a shipping address and proof of residency to claim a prize. Up to 8 weeks should be allowed for delivery or prizes, the manner of which will be determined and arranged by Sponsor. Regardless of the manner of delivery, property ownership and risk in the prize will pass to the winner upon delivery of prizes by Sponsor to carrier for shipment and Sponsor will not be responsible for any damage or loss to the prize after that time.
10. LICENSE GRANTED BY ENTRANT TO SPONSOR. Entrants retain 100% ownership of all rights in and to their Photo, however, by submitting an Entry (and Photo) each Entrant grants: (i) To Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, transferable right and fully-paid up, fully-sublicensable, unconditional license to use, publicly perform and publicly display the Entry, in whole or in part, together with or without the Entrant’s name and hometown (except as prohibited by law), in any manner or existing or future medium or format in and in connection with the Contest Giveaway, or the promotion, publicity, and advertising for the Contest Giveaway, or other Sponsor products and services, and on and through Site and online public viewing galleries and any other websites and media channels owned or controlled by Sponsor (collectively “Media Channels”), without any further attribution, notification, or compensation to the Entrant, his or her successors, assigns, or any other person or entity; and (ii) To users of the Media Channels, a worldwide, royalty-free, license to access, distribute, display, rate, review, comment on, and tag the Entry on and through the Media Channels, and to share the Entry using commercially available means. To the extent permitted by law, by participating in the Contest Giveaway and submitting an Entry each Entrant unconditionally and irrevocably waives any and all moral rights to which the Entrant may be entitled under applicable law, and releases the Released Parties (defined in §3) from any and all claims that Entrant and anyone by or through the Entrant, may have now or in the future in any jurisdiction based on “moral rights” with respect to Sponsor’s exploitation of their Entry, without further notification, attribution, or compensation to the Entrant. If this waiver of moral rights is unenforceable or invalid, and to avoid any doubt, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor authorized to exercise all moral rights to the Entrant’s Entry. Participation in the Contest creates no obligation (express or implied) on the part of Sponsor to use, commercialize, or otherwise exploit any Entry and Entrants is not entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Sponsor’s use or non-use of his or her Entry.
11. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, OR MODIFY THE CONTEST GIVEAWAY. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the Contest Giveaway or any portion if in Sponsor’s opinion the Contest Giveaway has been compromised, corrupted, or cannot be completed as planned due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, or other conditions beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, including without limitation, an insufficient volume of participation or eligible Entries, and to select potential winner(s) from among eligible, non-suspect Entries received on or before the termination date. The Released Parties are not responsible for events requiring a cancellation or postponement of the Contest, for Entries that are incomplete, illegible, lost, intercepted, misdirected, undelivered, or not otherwise sent or received by the intended recipient or by Sponsor, or for hardware or software malfunctions, delayed, unavailable, or failed network connections or communications, or other errors or impediments of any kind, whether technical or non-technical in nature relating to the Contest Giveaway, its administration, the processing of Entries, or the announcement of a winner.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE. The Released Parties (defined in §3) do not guarantee the processing or posting of any Entry or the functioning of the Site and are in no way responsible or liable for any breach of contract by Entrants, infringement or violation of any right of publicity, privacy, proprietary or intellectual property rights, loss (including loss of opportunity) or other claim arising from or in relation to the Contest Giveaway or any Entry submitted, or the authorized or unauthorized acts or omissions of Entrants or other third parties. By participating in the Contest Giveaway each Entrant agrees, to the maximum extent allowable under applicable law, to fully release, forever discharge and to hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all liability whatsoever for injuries, losses, death, or damage to or lose of property of any kind arising from or in any way connected with the Contest Giveaway or any related activity, or the shipping and handling, receipt, possession, loss, use or misuse of any prize. This limitation of liability does not apply to claims for personal injury or death caused by Sponsor’s willful misconduct or gross negligence. Entrants agree that Sponsor’s only obligation is to accept eligible Entries and to distribute prizes according to the procedures and criteria set forth in these Official Rules, that these obligations are fair and adequate consideration for any Entry submitted, and the Entrants is not entitled to and will not seek any further compensation.
13. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTES. This Contest Giveaway is governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia, Canada, without regard to choice of law or conflicts of laws or principles (whether of the province of British Columbia or any other jurisdiction), and all claims must be resolved exclusively in the provincial and federal courts in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
15. WINNERS LIST. After the winner is determined and verified, the winner’s name (and winning Entry) will be published and displayed on the Site, including Sponsor’s GuestHouse_LaCasa “@GuestHouse_LaCasa” Instagram channel.