Downtown Kelowna Light Up
Winter has come! If you want to celebrate holiday season in Kelowna with your family, tree lighting is one of the must-see events. There is a giant tree light up event in Kelowna called “Winter street market” which is a free community event. As you can see from the name, this is more than tree lighting! There are tons of vendors, foods, live entertainment, and of course Santa! 2019 marks the 31st year of this festival. This year the festival will be held on December 7th. The heart of this event is located at Stuart Park (between the skating rink and the Kelowna Yacht Club), but there are lots of additional things happening in the surrounding area.
Here are some fun things you could do at the event:
- Indulge some festive sweets and treats
- Munch on some delicious street food
- Take a photo with Santa at Stuart Park
- Make a craft at the Kelowna Art Gallery
- Go for a skate on the rink at Stuart Park
- Browse the Downtown shops
- Take in the live music and performances
- Warm up with some hot chocolate and marshmallow around the fire
- Last but not least, tree light up!
To access this event, drive, walk, run, bike or bus. If you choose to use a bus, check out the transit schedule here. If you choose to drive, you’ll be happy to know that City of Kelowna is offering free parking on all Saturdays in December! Check out more parking information here.
Join this event and spend some quality time with your family this winter!
Looking for a vacation rental for next year? Please check out our homepage. We have a great selection of cottages near Okanagan Lake, with some beautiful views!
(P.S. A stay at La Casa Cottages makes the perfect gift for your loved ones!)
Written by Natsumi Matsumoto