BETWEEN: LLOYDS TRAVEL & CRUISES LTD
Dba/BREAKAWAY VACATIONS (BC) LTD
300-1275 6th Street W, Vancouver, BC V6H 1A6
BC Reg. No. 186
Telephone: 604-872-5466 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In exchange for the exclusive right to offer the Property to guests to rent, Breakaway shall provide the following services:
Advertise, promote and market the property, this shall include but not be limited to: access to online booking tools, marketing across several web sites, pay per click advertising, third party channel marketing companies, social media, blogs, email lists. Breakaway will also provide year-round reservation staff for fielding inbound calls, year-round guest services staff for fielding guest calls, owner access to their calendar for booking their own stays and provide cleaning services at the guest’s expense. Breakaway will provide a Guest Book with Rules, Instructions, Local Information and Bylaw’s pertinent to the Property. Breakaway will provide standard replacement light bulbs, toilet paper, hand and dish soap, and garbage bags. Breakaway will manage calls from guests and manage maintenance issues.
In exchange for the services provided by Breakaway, the Owner will ensure:
Proper utilities are made available; this includes but is not limited to Hydro, Gas, Water, Internet (Wi Fi), and Cable. Two sets of sheets per bed; two bath towels, face cloths and Hand Towels per Max Occupancy of the property as well as appropriate furniture, utensils, and cutlery (inventory required will be provided to Owner).
WHEREAS the Owner is the registered and beneficial Owner of the Property, and WHEREAS the Owner warrants and represents that he has the right to enter into this Agreement, THE PARTIES AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
- By their signatures upon this Agreement, the Owner and Breakaway have agreed that Breakaway shall act as the Owner’s agent with respect to the temporary use and occupancy of the Property by paying third parties (“Guests”) as detailed in this Agreement. The Owner appoints Breakaway to act as their agent to secure such Guests. The Owner authorizes Breakaway to advertise, obtain and confirm bookings (“Bookings”) and to enter into occupancy agreements (“Occupancy Agreements”) with Guests on behalf of the Owner. The Owner acknowledges that all Bookings and Occupancy Agreements with respect to the Property are made by Breakaway as agent for, and on behalf of the Owner.
- 1.1) This Agreement gives Breakaway the exclusive right to offer the Property to guests (pre-arranged
personal use by the Owner excepted).
- 1.2) This Agreement shall continue in force until terminated on 90 days’ written notice from one party to the other. In the case of the breach of a material term of this Agreement by one party, this Agreement may, at the sole option of the other party, be dissolved by the other party by giving 10 days’ written notice of such intent. In either case, the Owner shall honour all confirmed bookings that may be in place at the time.
- Breakaway, in its normal course of business, will attempt to obtain Bookings for the Property and will advise each prospective Guest of any special conditions the Owner may stipulate with respect to the use and occupancy of the Property; however, Breakaway does not accept responsibility for non-compliance to such conditions by any Guest.
- Upon signing this Agreement and by December 1st of subsequent years, the Owner will advise Breakaway through the online reservation system of the dates on which the Owner does not want the Property made available to guests during the following calendar year. The Owner may use the Property during the time periods allocated to Breakaway without involving Breakaway, provided that the Owner shall immediately secure space through the online reservation system of such dates and provided always that if Breakaway has already made a Booking for that time period, the Owner will honour it.
- Breakaway will collect in advance from all guests the full rent and all taxes due and will forward payment by direct deposit or cheque (less taxes, credit card charges and Breakaway’s commission) to the Owner on the 15th of the following month.
- 4.1) Departure Cleaning fees will be collected by Breakaway and charged to the Guests
- Breakaway, with input from the owner, sets the accommodation rates that will fluctuate with market conditions.
- Breakaway shall collect a pre-determined percentage based commission for reservations, net of credit card merchant fees, on each Booking, as noted below. Breakaway shall absorb all reservation system costs, bank charges and normal advertising costs.