The good thing about smoothies is that you can experiment several combinations and try different ingredients. But there will always be the traditional ones, banana and chocolate is a combination that can’t go wrong!
This smoothie is easy to make, and will satisfy your sweet tooth and craving for chocolate during your family vacation in the Okanagan.
We have a recipe for you to try below, but feel free to be creative and play with the ingredients:
1 frozen ripe banana
1 tbsp chocolate syrup
1 cup milk
1 cup crushed ice
- Cut the banana in one inch-wide slices and freeze it for at least 2h or until it is completely frozen
- In a blender, first add the milk and the chocolate syrup (adding the liquid ingredients first will avoid the blades to be stuck)
- Add the crushed ice and finally the frozen banana
- Blend until smooth (2-3 minutes)
- Pour into a glass
- Scrape the chocolate of the blender, pour over the smoothie and enjoy!
If you’re looking for a guilt free option, substitute the chocolate syrup for unsweetened cacao powder and use skim milk to have a healthy smoothie. Also, try adding a tbsp. of peanut/almond butter to give it a boost of protein and healthy fat.
This recipe makes one serving.