Have you started out the barbecue season yet? Get off on the right foot with this delicious barbecue chicken recipe or add it to your recipe book for later.
Delight everyone in your family vacation by serving curried chicken skewers with creamy chickpea salad, a perfect combination as the spices in the curry are balanced by the creamy and cool salad. If you like, serve with a side of naan to make it a complete meal.
Thanks to Jennifer Bartoli and the Canadian Living Magazine for this delicious recipe.
- 2 tbsp plain Balkan-style yogurt
- 1 tbsp mild curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated or pressed
- Pinch salt
- 450g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 24 cubes
- 1/4 cup Balkan-style yogurt and light mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated or pressed
- pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 rib celery, diced
Curried Chicken: In bowl, stir together yogurt, curry paste, garlic and salt; add chicken and stir to coat. Thread 3 pieces of the chicken onto each of 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until it is no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes.
Chickpea Salad: In large bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Add chickpeas, cucumber, cilantro, green onions and celery; stir to coat. Serve with chicken.
Signup for our Promotions
Join our mailing list to receive the latest La Casa promotions and special deals from our team.