Penticton Peach Festival in South Okanagan
August 7th – 11th, 2019
Penticton Peach Festival (Aug. 7-11, 2019) is an annual South Okanagan Valley tradition, which began in 1947, to celebrate the peach harvest in Penticton, British Columbia. Penticton sits between Okanagan Lake and Skaha Lake in the beautiful southern Okanagan Valley. The festival is volunteer run and one of the largest free family festivals in Canada.
The Penticton Peach Festival has 5 days of action packed entertainment for all ages. Whether you’re into music, sports, cooking, dancing or parades, you will find something to make you smile.
Variety of Activities
- Reel Peachfest (short video contents that creatively entertain and tell a story about the Okanagan that evokes community pride)
- Peter Brothers Grand Parade (largest parade in the B.C. Interior, floats from across B.C. and Washington State, marching bands, dancers, gymnasts, musicians, clubs, associations and clowns)
- Kiddies’ Parade (kids decorate their bikes, wagons or scooters)
- Peach Bin Races (using a peach bin, retrofit it with whatever mechanical or aesthetic stylings you choose)
- The Seattle All City Marching Band
- Sandcastle competition
- Skaha Lake Ultra Swim (an 11.8 km point-to-point open water swim in the warm, fresh waters of Skaha Lake)
- Sheila Bishop Slo-Pitch Tournament
- Skateboard & BMX competition
- Dance show
- Music live stage
- High-flying freestyle motocross
- Dog show
Want to join the festival? Click here for more details!
Ready to book your Okanagan Vacation? Check out our selection of La Casa Cottages in Kelowna, located around 1 hour away from Penticton! Call our reservations line on 1-888-226-5566 or email email@example.com to find your perfect cottage.
Written by Natsumi Matsumoto