“Family vacation” doesn’t mean fancy dishes and hours spent in the kitchen. An easy and quick recipe to throw on the grill any day of the week, but as delicious as any other, this pineapple teriyaki chicken has a perfect sweet and salty combination.
Teriyaki is a classic sauce that you can find anywhere. But this time, instead of going to a restaurant and ordering a teriyaki chicken or buying the sauce in the grocery store, make a homemade teriyaki dish from scratch and spend time together in the kitchen on your family vacation.
You can use fresh pineapple and its juice instead of canned pineapple. Serve with rice and mixed vegetables.
This delicious recipe was taken from EatingWell.
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple rings, plus 1/3 cup juice from the can
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs, (about 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whisk sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar and the 1/3 cup pineapple juice in a large bowl. Add pineapple rings and chicken and gently stir to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove the chicken and pineapple from the marinade and pat dry; reserve the marinade. Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken and pineapple until the chicken is cooked through and the pineapple is marked, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Whisk the reserved marinade and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, whisking, until reduced and thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in butter. Serve the chicken and pineapple drizzled with the sauce.