Pumpkin Patches to visit this October
Just because Thanksgiving is over doesn’t mean you have to stop with the fall festivities! Get ready for Halloween by visiting a local pumpkin patch! Find your perfect pumpkin for carving and make your weekend fun from start to finish.
- Held every weekend in October, Davidson Orchards Country Village’s Pumpkin Festival is not to be missed. Not only can you pick your own pumpkin, but the youngsters will enjoy family farm tours on the Johnny Popper Orchard Train! You can also enjoy apple treats fresh from this season’s harvest – don’t forget to try the Apple Cider Donuts! Pumpkins and rides are a flat rate of $9, no matter the size of the pumpkin.
- Located on 3111 Davidson Rd, Vernon – just a 48 minute drive from La Casa Cottages.
- Open throughout October (weather dependent), McMillan Pumpkin Patch is another must visit. There are hayrides, slingshot and a corn maze on offer! Admission is free, but the activities are paid for. What’s also great about this pumpkin patch is that pumpkins are priced depending on size – everything from $1 to $25! Open from 10am till 6pm Thurs to Sat, and 10am to 5pm Sun to Wed. Which pumpkin will you choose?
- Located on 3690 Berard Rd, Kelowna – just a 40 minute drive from La Casa Cottages.
- Armstrong Pumpkin Patch is open from dawn to dusk (as stated on their website) EVERY day in October! This small, simple pumpkin patch is bound to fill the whole family with joy. There are lots of pumpkins for you to pick yourself, as you would expect, but they also have other fall favourites on sale such as decorative corn, squash and gourds. Deck out your house in orange and yellow with this beautiful selection of harvest goods!
- Located on 642 St Annes Rd, Armstrong – just a 35 minute drive from La Casa Cottages.
For information on Cottage Rentals at La Casa, please please contact our reservations line on 1-888-226-5566 or email email@example.com where we will be more than happy to assist you! It’s not too late to book your fall vacation!
Written by Hannah Poaros