Nothing beats fresh sandwiches on a hot summer day!
Located 1 hour and 20 minutes from La Casa cottage resort in Penticton is Il Vecchio Delicatessen. This shop makes some of the best sandwiches I personally have ever had – a locals favourite! Il Vecchio Delicatessen knows how to make the best sandwich around! They are family owned and operated since July 15 1995! Open Tuesday-Friday 9am-5pm (excluding holidays) and Saturdays 9am-4pm
Valentina Carloni has ran and owned Il Vecchio Delicatessen for 25 years, handing the daily task of making the best sandwiches to her son and granddaughter read more about their story here!
Over 29 different types of cheeses and 25 different meats to choose from! This will be a sandwich you will be dreaming of for the foreseeable future!
Once you grab your sandwich head down to the local beach to enjoy the sunshine and local views. Penticton has many beaches to choose from some of which are, Skaha Lake Park, Sudbury Beach, Okanagan Beach, and Marina Way Beach! Looking for a place for the kids to jump around and play? Be sure to stop by Lakawanna Water Park!
5 top places to visit in Penticton:
- Skaha Lake Park – One of Canada’s Top Beaches – offering a large sandy beach, public washrooms, near by food, and kids water park!
- Restaurants – A number amazing restaurants to try in Penticton if you are looking to enjoy the beach and food together we recommend heading to the Okanagan Beach where right across from the beach their are many restaurants to choose from all within walking distance.
- LocoLanding Adventure Park – Amusement park in Penticton where the entire family can have fun! With a go-kart track, an 18-hole mini-golf course and many more activities to choose from!
- Local Wineries – There is no shortage of wine in Penticton be sure to check out some local wineries, looking for a day of tasting wine – wine tours are offered!
- Penticton Farmers Market – Saturday 8:30am-1pm come down to see all the local produce, talent and more!