Strawberries and Kiwi together again! Use this fresh, sweet, and colourful combination to create a fun and healthy smoothie. Both fruits are loaded with fiber and vitamin C, and as the days get shorter it will bring a welcome burst of brightness and energy to your day. Smoothies in the Okanagan are great when you are on your family vacation. As usual take this recipe as a guideline and adapt it to your preferences. If you want a thicker smoothie, try using Greek yogurt – it also has the added bonus of being loaded with protein! Ingredients
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 bananas
- 2 kiwis (peeled)
- 1/4 cup honey (or other natural sweetener)
- Peel the kiwis and cut them into chunks
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend on high until nice and smooth.
- Add any healthy boosters you might like. One that I enjoy with this smoothie is Cacao – either nibs or powder!