Celebrate Canada Day-Kelowna
“Celebrate Canada Day – Kelowna” is an annual, free community festival organized by Festivals Kelowna, held in Waterfront Park, Jim Stuart Park, Kerry Park, as well as Prospera Place for residents and visitors to celebrate Canada’s birthday.
Each year many communities come together to explore drop-in games, live performances, a multicultural food fair, a children’s activity area, multicultural displays, the “Made in Canada Marketplace” of arts & crafts, and a fireworks display at the end of the day. Each of them is multi-generational, family-friendly, and sure to entertain you all day long.
It’s a very big event that over 60,000 people attend these year!
These are the activities you can look forward to in 2019. You can check here about mid-June for more details.
- Official Celebrate Canada Day Ceremonies, including a “Happy Birthday Canada” cake presented by Coldwell Banker Horizon Realty (cake service approx 1:00 pm)
- 46th Annual Kelowna Folkfest Celebrations – presenting Canada’s cultural mosaic through culinary experiences and live performances
- 3rd Annual Canada Day Concert presented by the Kelowna City Band
- Taste of Canada – a food fair featuring a variety of yummy foods from over 18 different vendors
- Made in Canada Marketplace – an artisan showcase of handmade, Canadian arts and crafts
- Canada Day Bazaar – a marketplace of unique items by local small businesses
- Community Groups Display – information displays by local community associations
- Canada Day at the Kelowna Art Gallery – drop by the gallery for plenty of fun art activities
- Folkfest Stage (Prospera Place), 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Primera Projects Kid’s Zone (Pioneer Gardens, Waterfront Park), 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Parks Alive! Power Stage (Island Stage) supported by Power 104 FM, 12:30 – 9:30 pm
- TD Beach Stage supported by K96.3 FM, 12:00 – 10:15 pm
- Kiwanis Kid Stage supported by Country 100.7 (Pioneer Gardens), 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Street Stage (Water Street near The Dolphins fountain), 12:30 – 4:00 pm
- Youth Stage supported by 99.9 SUN FM , 6:00 – 10:15 pm
- Kelowna City Band Canada Day Concert (Prospera Place), 7:30 – 9:30 pm
- Coast Capital Savings Fun Zone (Jim Stuart Park), 12:00 – 5:00 pm
- Century 21 Canada Day Fireworks presented by the City of Kelowna and Tolko (10:30 pm)
Admission to the festival is free but donations are greatly appreciated and help support the costs of this celebration. Volunteers with donation bins will be located at the entrances to Waterfront Park and at the entertainment stages. Starting this year the organization has made it even easier to donate, with their new “TAP” to donate APP.
Planning on celebrating in Kelowna? Check out our selection of cottages for some inspiration on where you could stay!
Written by Natsumi Matsumoto