Even although no one is ever happy about trading in their favourite swimsuit for their business causal get up, and giving up long days of lounge in the sun for endless hours stuck in the office, somehow most of us still love fall. And fall in the Okanagan is nothing short of spectacular. Here’s how the fashion experts suggest you make the most of the crisp autumn weather.
- Suede: boots, jackets, cardigans, suede is coming back in a big way from booties to t-shirts, the soft, matte fabric has made it’s way from a utilitarian cloth used by the First Nations in the early 1900’2 to keep warm to a modern day trend for day to day wear.
- Leather: contrary to popular belief, leather jackets are not only for burly men on Harley Davidsons. The little leather jacket is perfect for that in between fall weather for men and women alike.
- Denim: it’s simple. Everyone loves jeans. We all have our favourite pair of denim jeans. With many cuts and styles from bootlegged to distressed to denim shorts and jackets, it goes with everything and its guaranteed to keep you arm in the crisp fall air.
- Plaid: when you think fall fashion almost everyone thinks plaid. From scarves to button downs to flannel jackets, plaid is a quick and easy way to tie together your fall look. And the colours scream ‘hay ride and pumpkin carving’.
- Sportswear: go ahead, rock your lulus and hoodie to the mall. It’s fall, comfort and warmth are the key components to staying in style while preparing for the incoming snow season.