Lake Okanagan, located in British Columbia, Canada, is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers. Here are some things to do around Lake.
Things to do in the Okanagan
- Hiking: There are many scenic hiking trails around Lake Okanagan, ranging from easy walks to challenging hikes. Some popular trails include the Okanagan Mountain Provincial Park, Kalamoir Regional Park, and Knox Mountain Park.
- Biking: Cycling is a great way to explore the area around Lake Okanagan. The Kettle Valley Rail Trail, a former railway track that has been converted into a multi-use trail, offers a beautiful route through the mountains and forests.
- Water activities: The lake offers a wide range of water activities, such as swimming, boating, fishing, and kayaking. You can rent a boat or kayak from one of the many rental shops around the lake and explore the beautiful shoreline.
- Wine tours: The Okanagan Valley is known for its world-class wineries, and there are many wine tours available around the lake. You can visit the many wineries and taste the local wines while enjoying the beautiful scenery.
- Golfing: The area around Lake Okanagan is home to many golf courses, including the Okanagan Golf Club, the Harvest Golf Club, and the Two Eagles Golf Course.
- Cultural activities: There are many cultural activities to enjoy around Lake Okanagan, such as visiting the Kelowna Art Gallery, the Okanagan Heritage Museum, and the Indigenous World Winery, which offers a unique wine tasting experience that showcases the history and culture of the Syilx people.
- Skiing and snowboarding: In the winter, the mountains around Lake Okanagan offer great skiing and snowboarding opportunities. The Big White Ski Resort, located just a short drive from Kelowna, offers over 100 runs and 16 lifts.
- Horseback riding: If you want to explore the beautiful nature around Lake Okanagan on horseback, there are many horseback riding tours available in the area.
- Wildlife watching: The area around Lake Okanagan is home to a variety of wildlife, such as deer, moose, bears, and bald eagles. You can take a guided wildlife tour or simply explore the area on your own and see what you can spot.
- Festivals and events: Throughout the year, Lake Okanagan hosts a variety of festivals and events, such as the Kelowna Wine Festival, the Okanagan Fall Wine Festival, and the Centre of Gravity Festival, which features extreme sports and live music.
Overall, Lake Okanagan is a beautiful destination with plenty of activities to suit all interests. Whether you want to explore the great outdoors, taste local wines, or experience cultural activities, Lake Okanagan has something for everyone.